Social buttons for Facebook
If you want to create original Facebook sharing link with image, you can generate this image from Facebook’s pages for developers. E.g. you can set your own text on this image. You can also modify these buttons to match you language or style of your webpages. The easiest way provides developer console of you favourite browser.
- Open pages for developers – Share Button Configurator.
- Locate “Share Button Configurator” section and select Layout to “button”. There is much more options, but user usually prefer just the most known choices.
- In your web browser modify buttons properties (usually with left click choose “Edit element”).
- Change text in “pluginButtonLabel” element:
- You can repair rouded borders by modifying padding of this element:
padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;
- Turn this HTML element into image with screenshot. Even combination of Print Screen button and Microsoft Paint works.
The rest of the configuration for optimal Facebook sharing is the same as with common social buttons. You have to set all meta tags (especially from Open Graph namespace) an check them with Facebook sharing tool. It has a little weird name “Open Graph Object Debugger” and it is not so easy to find.
Facebook marks this approach deprecated, but a lot of webpages use it anyway.
You can also set own Twitter account name with “via” parameter. Twitter is more lightveight and sharing by link is still recommended option.
Also Google Plus use a lot of code, but this old approach allows two parameters, “url” for site and “hl” for a language code.
Keep it clear
Make clear and useful websites without spam code and happy sharing. Users cannot se differences between the newest frameworks and this simple links with images of social buttons.